There are plenty of considerations when it comes to designing and landscaping your garden, with the following being just a few:
- planning permission – needed for change of use eg from a field to a garden
- neighbours – effects on them in the short and long term (eg drainage, boundaries, blocking their light)
- local bylaws about burning
- tools required
- safety while working – it’s often heavy work to clear ground
- decisions about pesticides to use or avoid
For our articles in this section, look at the menu on the left (you many need to click on the ‘expand all’ option, or on the + sign to see the different topics).